19 May 2011

For Jane

Today I am posting my "box" that I get every other week from Neighbor's Feeding Neighbor's in the Sandhills! My friend Jane posted her box on her facebook page so I am sharing here.  I love getting fresh  fruit and vegi's from local farmers. It is so fresh and tastes so yummy!  I now will spend the next few days planning and eating all these lovely fresh vegi's.  The strawberries will be gone by tomorrow night! I have already eaten about a quarter of the container!  Nothing beats a fresh strawberry that were just picked today!! I love cooking and joining this Farm to Table has opened up my taste buds to new things I have not tried.  Usually because I have no idea what to do with them!  Each time I pick up my "box" I get a little flyer with what everything is and some recipes to cook with.  So I am really looking forwards to this weekend!   Tomorrow night I will be crafting and will share this weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Friday!!

Jessie

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful vegetables. Do you buy them or do they just share what they have with neighbors. Anyway you can't beat fresh vegetables. I grew som lettuce in pots , not only do they look beautiful they taste great too. It's so fun to just go outside and get some lettuce. We have plenty of lemons and limes , wish I could share them with you:) .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Those veggies and fruits look so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. Yummy! I can't wait for our local farmers markets to start up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have something similar here called Bountiful Basket and I just love the weekend surprise to see what's in it. Nothing like fresh produce; enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message! I enjoy reading them!